Train to Surat Thani
Train to Surat Thani from Bangkok station took 11 hours journey through the South of Thailand. The Surat Thani Train Station is located in Phun Phin one of busiest train station as the transportation hub o n Thai Railways Southern Line. Due the geographic and many tourists’ destinations in this province, Surat Thani is located in the Central Southern Peninsula.
Train to Surat Thani is most popular route in the southern line because many passengers and tourists can stop at this station and grab the bus, transfer to various well-known destination such as Khao Sok National Park, Samui Island, Phangan Island, Krabi, Phang Nga and Phuket. Behind the station, you will find the hub of bus and minivan offering ticket on arrival. They are also open online ticket through Easybook.com for advanced booking, especially long holidays and high season which easily fully reserved.
Train to Surat Thani has got both day train and night sleeper with daily 10 trains with three classes of accommodation offered. First class sleeper compartments are air conditioned and for two people. Second class accommodation has got variety sleepers with bunk beds and you can choose either the carriages with air conditioned or with fan to choose for both directions between Bangkok and Surat Thani. Going there by day train is recommended because travel during the day to see and enjoy the sights of the Thai countryside.
Quick Facts on Surat Thani Train Service
- There are no 3rd classes trains direct from Bangkok to Surat Thani. Take the train to Chumphon and transfer there to a Third-Class train to Surat Thani.
- There are no sleeping berths available the 'Sprinter' or First-Class Special Express Trains.
- 28 trains per day (from points North and South) stop at Surat Thani Railway Station.
- Don Sak Pier is 60 km from Surat Thani City and 75 km from Surat Thani (Phun Phin) Station
- The Surat Thani Train Station is located in Phun Phin (14 km West of Surat Thani)
Train services inside Surat Thani Station are available 24-hours a day with many travel agencies.