Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville By Train
The Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville route is one of the most famous trips in Cambodia for those who are looking to break out of the busy city life. Sihanoukville is a beautiful town along Cambodia’s coastline to spend some quality time by the beach. Travelling from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by train has never been easier as the train tickets can be booked conveniently through Easybook within minutes at affordable prices.
Taking the train from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville has been known to be reliable as it goes direct to the destination unlike taking the bus which makes several stops to pick up passengers. Although it may take slightly longer compared to the bus, but it promises more comfort during these long-distance journeys and being able to avoid the traffic!
Travel by train with Royal Railway
Operating on the Cambodian Railways Network, Royal Railway serves many routes including the famous train from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville conveniently. This train only runs on weekends from Friday afternoon onwards and ends in Sihanoukville on Monday mornings, so it is advised to check the schedule on our website and book the train ticket early to avoid disappointment.
This train from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville service takes up approximately 7 hours of travel time with 10 minute breaks at Takeo and Kampot. Sit back and enjoy the air conditioning as you check out the amazing view from outside the windows. Passengers will be able to find a kitchen at the end of the Royal Railway train that serves instant noodles and drinks as well.
Departure Point at Phnom Penh
The Phnom Penh Railway Station is located in the central of capital city, which makes it very easy for anyone to get to. Nearby landmarks that can be found here are the University of Health Science, National University of Management (NUM) and National Library.
There isn’t much to do at the railway station while waiting to board the train from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville, so make sure to grab a bite before starting the journey. Otherwise, grab a quick snack or drink in the waiting hall or step outside to find a few shops just outside the station or stock-up on snacks during the stops at Takeo or Kampot.
Arrival Point at Sihanoukville
This Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville trip will alight passengers at the Sihanoukville Railway Station and there is nothing here as well but maybe a motorbike selling an easy snack. The Sihanoukville Railway Station is located far away from everything else and travellers can hop on an auto rickshaw or more known as tuk-tuk to leave this place.
Make sure to check the timetable ahead of the trip and plan accordingly for a smooth trip.
Travel tips in Sihanoukville
- Riel is the official currency for Cambodia, they also use US dollars for almost everything.
- The main power outlets are the two-prong round sockets, so best to bring along a Universal Travel Adaptor.
- It is generally a safe place to visit, but be careful not to be ripped off by expensive tuk-tuk or boat prices.
- Best time to visit the country is from November to March, but travellers can go at the other months to dodge the busy crowds too.
- The Cambodia weather is warm all-year round, but the hottest months are May, April and June.
- Rent a motorcycle to travel around town conveniently at a cheap price for even a one-day use.
- There are many beaches located nearby without having to go travel too far namely Serendipity Beach, Victory Beach and Otre Beach.
- For those who are looking to go diving can hop on a boat from Serendipity Beach to Koh Rong beach, then stay overnight at one of the cheap hotels on the island.
- Get close to nature at Kbal Chhay Waterfall or the magnificent Ream National Park that are not too far away from town.
- Understand Cambodia’s history upon visiting to have a better understanding of how it had led to where it is today.
- Try all the amazing local food that are full of vibrant flavors and spices namely Bai Sach Chrouk, Fish Amok, Lap Khmer, Nam Banh Chok and many others.
Book train tickets online for Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville
As the Royal Railway only provide services on weekends, make sure to book the Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville train tickets ahead of time in order to taste the delicious food and lay by the beautiful beaches. We offer a very easy-to-navigate platform for all your ticket bookings at affordable prices.
Select the pick-up and drop-off locations with the travel dates, then select from the schedule to make the booking safely on Easybook. Travellers can also refer to this simple booking guide we have prepared for you to get a train from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville within minutes. We look forward to serving your next trip!